Good Afternoon All. I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Canada Day Today. This morning I went to the gym and did the Weight And Strength Training Class. All for now. Will write more later. Well I have some exciting news. I just finished writing a fantasy story. I have shared down below. I hope you all enjoy reading my short story. I need to come up with a better title. Anyways enjoy. Just getting some Crochet Practice In at the moment.
Post
Office Story
Helen worked
in the post office. She loved working in the post office. It was her dream job,
and she couldn’t see herself doing anything else. Well one morning she arrived
at the post office ready for her working day. There was something wrong though.
There was no mail at the post office at all and that was weird, really, really
weird. She wasn’t sure what to do? She searched high and low for the mail that
was supposed to be sorted and sent out for delivery but couldn’t find mail
anywhere. So she went to the news media and made a report on TV, on the radio
and in the newspaper but nobody knew what had happened to the mail. She then
went back to the post office and pulled open the mail box. A Sudden gust of
wind swept her into the mail box. Sounds strange. I don’t think people can fit
into mail boxes but that is what happened. She went down, down, down in the
mailbox thinking she would hit the bottom of the mailbox and possibly be
surrounded by mail but oh no she actually ended up in another land. Now what
was that land called you ask? Well the land was called Mailbox Land. And what
was in Mailbox Land? Mail everywhere. She was surrounded by mail. She wondered
if this was where all the mail had ended up that had disappeared but wasn’t in
the mood to look at the mail and figure that out because there was so much mail
that it made her feel overwhelmed. All she wanted to do was figure out the
reason she had ended up in this strange land and get back home. She was longing
for human contact as well and hoping she might run into other people. She flopped
to the ground and lay on her back, staring up at the sky and wondering what to
do when all of a sudden a letter fell from the sky and landed on top of her. As
the letter was falling from the sky she saw that it was addressed to her. So
Helen open the letter and began to read the letter. Now I know we are all wondering
what the letter said. Well just wait and you will find out. Dear Helen welcome to Mailbox Land. You were
brought here to save the world and bring mail back to your world. But you must
do some tasks first. There are three tasks you must do and here they are.
1.
Make your way to the
castle in mailbox land and talk to the king of mailbox land
2.
Do what the king of
mailbox land tells you to do
3.
Do your tasks with
happiness and joy and enthusiasm
But
how was Helen going to find the castle in Mailbox Land? That was the question
that was on her mind. She stared up at the blue sky and at the white clouds as
well as mail falling to the ground like just like snowflakes or even leaves that
never ever stop falling. It seemed like for hours that she lay on the grass or
at least what she thought was the grass because she was of course laying on
mail. And mail surrounded her and mail was landing on top of her. Finally she
stood up as she thought to herself I think I need to explore mailbox land and
find this castle so I can discover the reason I was brought to mailbox land in
the first place. So Helen began to walk and walk and walk. She walked for miles
it seemed through piles and piles of mail. It was hard walking through mail and
on top of mail. The mail reminded her of heaps and heaps and piles and piles of
snow. Finally as it was nearing dark Helen arrived at a huge building that for
once wasn’t made of mail. She found a spot to hide out that night as she wasn’t
going to explore the building until it was morning and she went to sleep as she
was so tired and exhausted. Morning finally arrived. Helen awoke to the sun
shining in the beautiful blue sky and birds chirping away. And still she kept
on seeing mail falling from the sky to the ground. She was hungry and realized
she needed some food. She found some nuts nearby which she ate. After eating
the nuts she gazed over at the building and realized it was a castle. She
walked up to the castle and knocked on the door.
A
voice on the other end of the door screeched out “whose there?”
My
name is Helen said Helen. I am on a mission to get home. To do that I want all
the missing mail in my world to be returned.
The
door suddenly opened and in front of her stood the king and he was also made
out of mail.
“My
name is King Mail” Come in. I’ve been waiting for you.
Helen
stepped into the castle. She was invited into his living-room and they sat
down.
What
must I do to get home and return all the missing mail to my homeland asked
Helen.
Good
Question said King Mail. I didn’t mean to steal all the mail. I am just tired
of being all alone in Mailbox Land and want companionship and friendship to
combat loneliness.
Is
that all asked Helen
Yes
said that King Mail. And everyone else who comes to Mailbox land never comes
back and I just can’t live life on my own.
Well
said Helen what if I promise you to visit you once a month? Then will you restore
the mail to my home land?
Yes
said King Mail. But if you make your promise I won’t be nice like I was to
everyone else who came and left. I will find you and keep you in mailbox land
for ever and ever.
I
promise you I will keep my promise and I will visit you every month said Helen.
King
Mail felt that Helen was genuine and with that he used his magical powers to
send her back home to her land along with all of the missing land.
And after that every month Helen kept her promise and visited King Mail in mailbox land.



No comments:
Post a Comment